From dry goods to designer clothing
Historic Building is once again vacant
December 29, 2022
Since it was built in 1903, the building on the corner of First and West Bridge Street has housed a variety of businesses.
The land was purchased initially to build a large hall for the Fraternal Order of Eagles. For unknown reasons that construction never began and one year later the land was sold to A. Johnson Doggett who built a spacious building on the corner facing the corner of First and Bridge.
Doggett had been elected the first mayor of Saratoga, after living in the Valley for 8 years. He had come to the Valley around 1891 and worked at Saratoga Mercantile. He then managed the Wol...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.