26th Annual Copper Days Chug and Tug Tractor Pull
Smoke billows and belts slap at the Tractor Pull
September 15, 2022
The 26th Annual Chug and Tug Tractor pull started off with a parade tractors. They huffed and puffed up McCaffrey Avenue to the post office, turned around and came back down. Many tractor fans lined the highway to take pictures and kiddos clambered for candy being tossed to them.
The oldest tractors were owned by a couple out of Craig. Richard Oberwitte drives a 1937 John Deere AR. the first rubber tired tractor in Moffat County. Oberwitte has owned the tractor he drives for five years. He found it in a corral of goats, took it home, and cleaned it up. He said it didn't need restoration, just a good cleaning and some maintenance.
Angela Oberwitte also has an antique tractor, it's a 1937 Minnesota Twin City Tractor that she bought from Fred Lorenz's collection.
First place winners in their class included:
• RaeLynn Dirks of Riverside with her JD H.
• John Smith of Riverside with her JD M.
• David Acord of Encampment with his 1954 JD 40.
• Ty Espy of Rawlins with his JD 40.
J • aneen Deines of Craig with his 1954 Formal Super H.
• Richard Oberwitte of Craig with his 1937 JD AR
• Angela Oberwitte of Craig with her 1937 Minnesota Twin City
• Raymond Dirks of Riverside with his 1949 JD G.
• Jim Madsen of Craig with his 1953 Farmall Super M
• Dian Bauer of Encampment with her 1953 Farmall Super M
• Rick Lorenz of Riverside with his 1959 Massy 88
Bill Spicer of Craig with his JD 730
• Dough Schneider of Craig with his 1959 Cockshut
• Fred Lorenz of Riverside with his 1965 Case 930