The Saratoga Sun -

Victory celebrated

140 years of the Victory Presbyterian Church

 

Mike Armstrong

This church is celebrating 140 years on July 25, 2022.

As Carbon County became more important to opening the West and people started to put down roots, a congregation of churchgoers started to form.

Dr. Sheldon Jackson founded a Presbytarian church in the railroad town of Rawlins at the intersection of Third and Cedar, the land being purchased from the Union Pacific Railroad for $62.50.

In August of 1869, the Morris Presbyterian Church was created. The building was completed in 1870. The cost was $1,500.

Jackson had accomplished getting the church going.

As time went on and Carbon County had towns come and go, Rawlins was one that took hold....



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 08/11/2022 03:03