The Saratoga Sun -

Bringing change to the resort

Saratoga Hot Springs Resort brings on new chef, food and beverage manager

 

Mike Armstrong

Chef Ted Roman, left, and Food and Beverage Manager Tona Hall are the newest additions to the Saratoga Hot Springs Resort

The Saratoga Hot Springs Resort (Saratoga Resort) has had several reincarnations since a log building was erected on the present site of the resort in 1877.

The building then was used as a general store, post office and saloon. It was a place known to get a hot bath from the hot springs. The settlement was known as Warm Springs. In 1884 the Saratoga House was built. It was renamed the Saratoga Hot Springs Hotel and enjoyed renown throughout the country until a fire burned the two story structure to the ground in 1902.

The fire did its damage and although there were a few buildings and bus...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021