Some Elk Mountain magic
Carbon County native returns to her roots to run historic Elk Mountain Hotel
September 2, 2020
The Elk Mountain Hotel was built in 1905 and, in its day, has also been known as the John S. Evans Hotel, Mountain View Hotel and Grandview Hotel. No matter its name, the restored Victorian inspired facility that is set next to the bank of the Medicine Bow River is a beautiful property.
The two story wood frame building was constructed next to the Garden Spot Pavilion, a dance hall that was a social center in what would be considered, by most, a remote part of Wyoming. The Garden Spot Pavilion was built in 1880 by John S. Jones.
John Evans, the owner of the Elk Mountain Saloon in 1903, acqu...