By Liz Wood 

Mill fire contained to one machine

 


An arc from a welding machine started a fire at Saratoga Forest Management (Saratoga Mill) early Wednesday morning. According to Saratoga dispatch, the fire department was called out at 1:39 a.m. Wednesday.

“It could have been much worse,” Saratoga Mill’s owner Gary Ervin said. “Fortunately, we keep the area pretty clean.”

The millwright was working the night shift welding a small piece on the board edger end feed table, Ervin said. “It only was about an inch weld, but it wouldn’t have mattered if it was an inch or a foot, those sparks are hot.”

The damage was contained to t...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018