Saratoga fire crews respond to Friday morning chimney fire


H.B. Lawson

Photo by H.B. Lawson Firefighters check Joe Parsons' attic for burning insulation after responding to the chimney fire Friday morning

Friday morning volunteer fire department and ambulance crews responded to a chimney fire at the home of Joe Parsons who had returned to his home just in time to discover the fire and alert emergency crews.

Parsons girlfriend, Cheena Deakins had also just come home and said Parsons first noticed the fire in the chimney and called the fire department before taking steps on his own to stop the fire and remove some personal property from the home.

"He grabbed the hose and started pulling the siding off ... it was my job to get the guns and the Razor out," said Deakins, who was visibly relieved...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018