The Saratoga Sun -

Don't chew those glow sticks

 


Wyoming’s Poison Center is reminding people about proper firework and glow stick safety over the Fourth of July weekend.

Wyoming’s Poison Center officials received 94 calls regarding glow sticks in 2012, with a large percentage of calls occurring around the Fourth of July. Glow sticks are soft and pliable, making them attractive for small children to chew on, and they can be easily broken.

The sticks contain a liquid called dibutyl phthalate, which has a very strong chemical taste and odor and can cause irritation to the mouth. Concerned parents often call because their child’s mouth...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018