The Saratoga Sun -

Fire ignites at sawmill: Welding sparks smolder overnight

 

Doug Radunich

An early-morning accidental fire broke out at the the Saratoga Forest Management’s sawmill Sunday.

Saratoga Volunteer Fire Chief Randy Sikes said the unexpected blaze started at around 5 a.m. Sunday, scorching and blackening several long logs in the process. The fire, located in the northwest corner of the mill, was extinguished by 7 a.m., and no persons were injured or killed during the blaze.

“We had someone call us and say there was a fire going on, and we were able to put it out in two hours, which is not bad,” Sikes said.

Gary Ervin, owner and general manager for Saratoga Forest...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 12/12/2018 20:11